Index du forum   FAQ   Smartfeed
  Connexion
Index du forum Ligue et Joueurs - League & Players Promos Edmonton Oilers

Free agency

Promos provenant d'Edmonton - Promos from Edmonton

Free agency

Messagepar Edmonton » 06 Déc 2017, 18:16

It's been a week now that the free agency period is over. The Oilers resigned most of their players that were testing the market. They let go former first rounder Adam Campbell and couple more players. They also let go RFA Bruce Draper to Denver for a million per year. The Oilers will receive a first and second round pick as a compensation. GM Joyal said that the return on Draper was bigger than expected.
I've discussed with some GMs in the league and I think if I tried to trade him I could barely got a second round pick. Now we got a second with a first so yes i am happy about it.

As for St. Jacques he signed for 16,2 millions which is over 2 millions less than last year.
We are happy to have Bruno back with us. He will be in demand because there are some teams that have cap room. If the offer is right we will think about it. If not he will play in Edmonton. It is the last contract year of some impact players so for sure we want to push for this season.

On Weller getting over 4 millions GM Joyal was straight forward.
We tried to deal him last season and he was making a quarter of that salary and we didn't find any dance partner and now someone is making a big offer like that. I am surprise but anything can happen.
He is a good defenceman that have one of the best plus minus differential. That will add depth to our defensive squad.

The Oilers also signed 2 new RFAs: D Jaime Lanzer and D Benedik Reader
They will play in Calgary this season. We like Benedik and after the trade in Montreal we wanted to get him back. As for Lanzer it is a small risk for a 3rd rounder. We wish that he develops well and play for the Oilers in the future.
Edmonton
Joueur Étoile
Joueur Étoile

Message(s) : 881

Retour vers Edmonton Oilers