Index du forum   FAQ   Smartfeed
  Connexion
Index du forum Ligue et Joueurs - League & Players Promos Winnipeg Jets

Update on the captain's injury

Promos provenant de Winnipeg - Promos from Winnipeg

Update on the captain's injury

Messagepar Winnipeg » 21 Jan 2018, 16:17

The Jets suffered a major setback when captain Ryan Caldwell severely injured his right knee in the 5th game of the season against the Flyers.

Reminiscent of Barkunov's injury from 2 days before, Caldwell was fighting for the puck when he was hit in the corner by David Nelson and fell to the ice in excruciating pain as his leg bent the wrong way.

Caldwell comments:
It was one of those scary moments when you think that you're doing a good job, fighting for the puck and then boom! Nelson came out of nowhere and hit me. I lost my balance and my skate got stuck in a crease in the ice. Needless to say my knee didn't like the process. I felt a crack in my knee and pain like I had never felt before. I was just hoping it wasn't too bad.

The team doctor called the injury a severe sprain. Tendons were stretched but no tears were found. Needless to say, Caldwell was luckier than everyone had expected. He will though miss about a month as he will have to work on his knee to bring it back to 100%. Caldwell is using crutches at the moment and will for another week or so before the physiotherapist starts working on his knee to give it back its normal strength.

As with Barkunov's injury, Caldwell is a huge loss for the Jets' offense. The captain has been involved in pregame meetings with the rest of the team in the locker room, but his leadership is dearly missed on the ice as they team has not seemed to be playing with as much emotion as they have in the past since Caldwell has been sidelined.

We will keep you updated with the captain's recovery over the next weeks.
Steff
DG Winnipeg
Winnipeg
4e trio
4e trio

Message(s) : 150

Retour vers Winnipeg Jets